Following on from the Austrians, the second half of the commission was to paint a unit of Prussian dragoons. These are a marked contrast from the previous batch of Front rank figures being they were Perry figures and as per usual these took forever to clean up.
I always get really frustrated when I receive a batch of Perry Metals, firstly disentangling them from that horrible fibrous packing crap that gets stuck to every nibble and knobble of metal, which seem so numerous on this brand. Then you get to the cleaning which seems to pass more hours than befits the figure. Horses seem to be the worst culprit with mould lines running down the muzzle, misaligned rumps, great globs of molten metal between every leg joint and runoffs and knobbles in the most unlikely places. Often I find a good amount of single malt aids the pain of cleaning these, but over consumption does not aid the eyesight finding all the excess bits of metal. That's it rant over till next time.
I was given carte blanche to choose the unit so I went with the 6th as they have the unusual facing colour of rose pink, which contrasts rather nicely with the brighter blue of the dragoon uniform. My first task was to make three quick conversions as the command figures were missing and I had only been supplied standard troopers, so a sash was made for one, another was given a standard and some wire and milliput fashioned a trumpeter.
The last thing remaining for the commission was three Prussian Officers / ADCs these are single part castings of horse and rider.
Thank you all for stopping by and taking a look.